We have the ideas and experience to help you see the big picture.
We can help you navigate your business opportunities and risks with expert accounting and operational advice.
01. Business Planning
Achieve success: Look to the future and plan for tomorrow.
An effective business planning process gets to the heart and soul of your business. We’ll start by discovering your vision and core values to facilitate a four-hour planning session – helping you create a clear and concise actionable Business Plan.
Together we’ll review your past performance and clarify your future direction in a 90-day action plan that addresses immediate and critical issues. You’ll also set solid and realistic business goals and define strategies for achieving them.
At the end of the session, your easy-to-understand two-page business plan will guide you (and your team) to successfully implement the desired changes, leading your business on the road to success.
Benefits of having a Business Planning session:
- Review and set business direction
- Align goals amongst the directors
- Identify Gross Revenue Targets and Key Performance Indicators
- Establish a robust accountability system
- Identify critical challenges and opportunities in your business and the actions required to resolve or maximise them
- Set timeframes for achieving goals
- Identify what support and resources you will need to achieve your goals
- Enables you to communicate your business goals and vision with your team
- Provides a platform to develop Financial Forecasts
- Use as a basis to set team members’ individual goals and targets
02. Quarterly Coaching
We can help you achieve your work-life balance and be more successful in business.
Owning a business is hard work. You can often feel alone and unsupported, focussing little time on your business because you’re tied up working in the business, which is where our Quarterly Coaching comes in.
We help you set your 90-day goals, review your results and clarify areas for improvement, providing you with accountability and strategies to keep you on target towards achieving your Business Plan. While ensuring the plan remains a living, working document that guides your decision-making.
Coaching isn’t just about increased accountability, profitability and cash flow. It’s also about supporting you achieve the all-important work-life balance.
How you'll benefit from Quarterly Coaching:
- Receive customised reporting templates to measure and review your actual performance against the forecast
- Gain an understanding of the key drivers of your business and what affects them
- Learn how to identify and solve your burning issues
- Utilise an expert sounding board to discuss ideas and their potential impact
- Achieve alignment amongst Directors
- Get help with prioritising tasks and projects
- Gain access to the collective wisdom of our accountants, systems, products, and services
- Ongoing phone and email support
03. Cashflow Forecasting
Cash is the lifeblood of any business, and even profitable companies can fail because of poor cash flow.
Cashflow forecasting is the best practice in any business and is critical to survival and growth.
Setting targets and monitoring your actual cash flow against your forecast will allow you to predict large cash outflows, enabling you to plan and respond to changes in your business.
We’ve designed our Cashflow Forecasting Coaching service to treat the underlying causes of poor cash flow. We begin by drafting your Cashflow Forecast using information from your accounting software before meeting to review and discuss the potential causes of your cashflow challenges and forecast a plan for the next 12 months.
Understanding your cash flow allows you to make better-informed decisions and implement strategies to improve how your run your business. While having a clear view of where your company is now and where it will be in a year financially empowers you to make smarter decisions.
Benefits of Cashflow Management Coaching:
- Gives you an understanding of your cash flow for better decision making
- Enables you to predict and plan for large cash outflows
- Identifies key drivers of cashflow in your business
- Allows you to monitor your actual cashflow against forecast in your accounting or reporting software
- Identifies ways to avoid late payment penalties and interest from suppliers
- Provides peace of mind that your cashflow needs are known and adequately funded
- Improves communication and relationships with your financiers and suppliers
04. Management Reporting
“What gets measured gets managed”
– Peter Drucker, management consultant, educator, author, and father of modern business management.
If you aren’t measuring your financial results and the key business drivers, you can’t correctly manage them or implement meaningful improvement strategies.
The better you understand your business, the easier it will be to make more money or reduce your working hours.
Our Management Reporting service will keep you on track to achieve your goals. Your monthly Management Report provides a snapshot of your business results and gives you a clear and detailed overview of your financial position, determining the best actions for improvement.
Having accurate and up-to-date information to base your decisions on is key. So, we’ll work with you to better understand and interpret your numbers, helping you on the road to financial success.
Benefits of Management Reporting Coaching:
- Establish Key Performance Indicators for your business and set achievement targets
- Receive a customised monthly Management
- Report to regularly measure your performance
- Improve your financial awareness so you know what you should measure and how to measure it
- Implement best practice monitoring to enable better decision making
- Create a benchmark to compare future results against
- Set aside time each month to discuss your financial results with us
- Measure your actual results against your targets
- Develop the discipline to prioritise reviewing your results each month to identify areas for improvement
- Understand the factors that impact your results so you can develop strategies to maximise your results
- Set the direction of your business and critical areas to focus on
- Identify significant trends in your business
- See the impact your actual results have on your targets
05. Complimentary Client Review
Our clients work hard, and we work hard for our clients.
Delivering a high-quality, efficient compliance service is just a part of that. The next step is helping you develop, improve, and grow your business.
As a valued client, you can have one 60-minute complimentary Client Review (CCR) per year, where a senior team member will review your current situation at no cost. A CCR stimulates strategic discussion and identifies burning issues, opportunities and challenges so you can respond effectively. It’s also an opportunity for our team to identify greater tax efficiencies and asset protection and check in to ensure we’re giving you all the assistance you need to succeed. In addition, at your complimentary meeting, you can discuss:
- Your goals for your business and how you plan to achieve them
- How your business goals tie in with your personal and lifestyle goals
- Issues and challenges you are facing in your business, e.g., growth, profitability, cash flow, a planned exit from or sale of your business
- How you can work with us to address these issues and plan
Benefits of a CCR are:
- Set SMART goals and gain clarity about actions you’ll take to achieve them
- Stimulate strategic discussion affecting your future direction
- Gain access to our collective wisdom
- Potentially identify greater tax efficiencies
- Identify burning issues, opportunities, and challenges to respond effectively
- Understand and manage your business better
- Identify areas where we can assist you to unlock further potential
Ascend has a proven track record of building businesses from the ground up and guiding them to success.
We’ll dive deep into the numbers to provide you with the tools and strategic advice you need to develop and grow your business.
- Key performance implementation and monitoring
- Fully integrated financial business models
- Budgeting & departmental budgeting
- Business structure review
- Due diligence
- Risk analysis
- Capital & debt raising assistance
- Working capital management
Get in touch
We make your business our business.
We love helping our clients achieve their goals and succeed in what they do.
We make your business our business.
We love helping our clients achieve their goalsand succeed in what they do.